MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
To prepare skilled, knowledgeable, competent and value driven leaders and entrepreneurs by setting up benchmarks in student development.
To develop the next generation of leaders with global outlook and capability of adapting to the fast changing business environment.
To educate, equip & inspire entrepreneurs who build strong organizations and make a difference in society.
The elements of our mission encompass:
- Educate, Equip & Inspire – it involves the culmination of theoretical and practical knowledge that can be applied to evolve and adapt new changes in society at large. To bring to the classroom practical knowledge and personalized learning similar to real world business scenarios that provide compelling opportunities and a dynamic learning environment. And to motivate the leaders of tomorrow to bring a positive change in society.
- Entrepreneurs- to generate inspiring role models, empowered with knowledge, wisdom and strong sense of ethics & social conscientiousness for others to follow.
- Strong Organizations – Bringing together people from diverse communities, geographies and backgrounds and propel them towards a common cause, who contribute positively and effectively at individual, business or societal level.
- Difference in Society – To drive a focused change through strategic control in the rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
To empower students with necessary skills via research and consultancy.
About Management Programme
The Department of Management Studies at GITS was established in 2006 to impart top-class management and business education embodying the principles of entrepreneurship, leadership and professionalism by adopting the best methods from the corporate world and internationally acclaimed business schools.
The MBA programme, approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), Directorate of Technical Education, and Government of Rajasthan and affiliated to Rajasthan Technical University Kota, is designed to reach out to management aspirants and provide a wider spectrum of managerial and administrative programmes. It offers the flexibility specialize in one’s area of interest through dual specialization in Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Operations and Information Technology.
The regular academic programme supplemented by seminars, workshops, aptitude and communication sessions are designed to enhance the employability and confidence of the students. The department has an ideal infrastructure for running this programme which includes a seminar hall, Internet Lab and a well-stocked Library.
Message from Director, MBA
The academic and professional Management programme is focused to provide world-class educational and business programme comprising a dynamic curriculum designed in conjunction with academicians and industry practitioners which provides management aspirants opportunities to master new skills and explore varied perspectives.
Our faculty, possessing rich experience in academia and the industry, creates a stimulated learning atmosphere conducive for overall development of our students. With updated and professional environment our faculty makes distinctive contribution not only to students but to Academia through publications, seminars, conferences apart from quality education. We also believe in corporate interaction including corporate projects undertaken by our students under continuous guidance of our faculty.
Besides the regular curriculum, the students are also involved in co-curricular activities like inter-business school competitions, research projects conducted by the institute. The students are provided with numerous opportunities to interact with the industry and strengthen their practical orientation. The emphasis is to bring to the classroom practical knowledge and personalized learning similar to real world business scenarios that provide compelling opportunities and a dynamic learning environment.
MBA Dual Specializations are available in the following five areas:
1. Marketing Management :
MBA in Marketing is the most sought after management specialization by professionals globally. It covers marketing management along with related subjects in product and brand management, marketing management, digital marketing, marketing of services, integrated marketing communications, marketing research and international marketing strategy.
2. Financial Management :
MBA in Finance helps the students gain the business and financial skills needed to work in a number of enterprises. Aspiring Students seeking a career in finance can sign up for MBA in Finance for a booming career in the financial sector.
3. Human Resource Management :
MBA in Human Resource Management covers all the key functions in this diverse field, including employment laws, labour relations, training and development, compensation, recruitment and selection. The program offers valuable benefits to individuals who are intent upon working within the human resource industry and the said expertise can be applied to any organization.
4. Production and Operations Management :
An MBA in production and operations management or a specialization in a related field, such as logistics or supply chain management, should help students to enter the industry by developing the requisite skill set or to help those already in the industry to widen their knowledge and push on into a business leadership role.
5. Information Technology Management :
MBA in Information System provides technical expertise and business acumen students need to seek advanced positions in the IT and business sectors. Students having a desire to take control of technology transformations should definitely consider pursuing MBA in Information System.
EXTRA ACADEMIC ACTIVITY (EAA)
The aim of EAA activities and extra-curricular initiatives in general, is to promote ideas and foster interaction not only within the college, but also with the business community through activities focused on management, education and networking. The Club events cover a wide range of initiatives for charity, expert talks, workshops, sports, business competitions etc.
We firmly believe that a sound business education is an ideal mix of a world class curriculum and practical learning opportunities. The clubs strive to create opportunities for members to learn by doing.
- Institute Lecture Series: The Institute organizes an Institute Lecture Series wherein eminent people are invited to speak on the topics of contemporary interest. The lecture series has immensely benefitted students and faculty and has been highly appreciated by the invitees as well.
- Institute Seminar Series: The Institute regularly organizes seminars on management themes addressed by academia, industry experts and enlightened government officials.
- Finance Club: “Mudra” is the initiative wherein corporate executives from finance domain converge on the campus and share their views on latest trends and challenges in the industry. This is to help students understand the real-life work scenarios and prepare them for the industry. Well known, industry experts and consultants from reputed organizations are invited to address students.
- Marketing Club: “Mantra” the Marketing Club of GITS, aims to facilitate an all-round development of the students in the field of marketing and keep them abreast with the latest happenings in the said domain.In the field of marketing, changes occur very fast and hence it is imperative that the students stay up-to-date with the new industry practices. The Institute has initiated a Marketing Club to give an opportunity to students to interact with and learn from industry practitioners. Marketing professionals from reputed organizations share their insights on relevant marketing themes. The club is a platform for idea generation and stimulation of novel marketing thoughts. The club aims at keeping members abreast with the latest on marketing while integrating the vast experience of its members across functions and industries such as advertising, research, sales, branding communication and digital marketing to name a few. The club use to conduct AdZap, Brand Quiz, and Exension lectures etc.
- The HR Club: “Drishtikon” The HR club is organized every year with a view to provide a platform for HR professionals and students to interact with panellists and exchange experiences and practices in the field of HRM. The club provides an interactive forum to understand the impact of the changing HR practices on the work force as well as opportunity for coaching and engaging the young generation, while simultaneously also understanding their aspirations.
- Production & Operations Club: “NIRMAAN”, the club for Production Management is organized every year is to sensitize the students with the latest developments in the area of operations management. It provides an interactive forum for students, faculty and senior professionals from reputed organizations while covering different segments of operation management and how these segments encompass the present working and future prospects of organizations.
MUSIC CLUB – SARGAM: The music club at Department of Management Studies, GITS aims to provide a platform for students to showcase their musical talent on a continual basis. We believe that it is essential to nurture the innate musical talent in everyone. This not only acts as a diversion from the busy professional schedules, but also inspires one to perform well in all aspects of life by serving as a morale booster
The Department of Management Studies has set an exemplary record in placements with its students being chosen by industry leaders, year after year. 50+ renowned companies have made more than 500 offers to students in last 12 years. Owing to our consistent performance in recent years we receive top-notch companies every year for campus recruitment. We host ‘Stand-alone Recruitment Drives’, where leading business houses participate to test the mettle of the students.
Top firms like Adani Power, Adani Wilmar Ltd, GE-Healthcare, ICICI Bank Ltd., ICICI Securities, Reliance Jio, Transport Corporation of India Ltd., Agarwal Packers & Movers Ltd., Vivo India, GMCH, TAANJ – Pacific Industries Ltd., Wonder Cement Ltd., Axis Bank Ltd, IndusInd Bank, NIYO Solutions etc. continue to be our big recruiters. The Management students of 2017- 2019 batch have had a great placements season with 90% selection of the eligibility criteria through Campus Recruitment process.