NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning), is a joint venture of the IITs and IISc, funded by the Ministry of Education (MoE) Government of India, and was launched in 2003. Initially started as a project to take quality education to all corners of the country, NPTEL now offers close to 600+ courses for certification every semester in about 22 disciplines.
- Largest online repository in the world of courses in engineering, basic sciences and selected humanities and management subjects
- YouTube channel for NPTEL – most subscribed educational channel, 1.3 billion views and 40+ lakhs subscribers
- More than 56000 hours of video content, transcribed and subtitled
- Most accessed library of peer-reviewed educational content in the world
- Translation of more than 12000 hrs of English transcripts in regional Indian languages
For more details, kindly visit : https://archive.nptel.ac.in/course.html
The SWAYAM PRABHA is a group of 22 DTH channels devoted to telecasting of high-quality educational programmes on 24X7 basis using the GSAT-15 satellite. Every day, there will be new content for at least (4) hours which would be repeated 5 more times in a day, allowing the students to choose the time of their convenience. The channels are uplinked from BISAG-N, Gandhinagar. The contents are provided by NPTEL, IITs, UGC, CEC, IGNOU. The INFLIBNET Centre maintains the web portal.
The DTH Channels shall cover the following:
- d2hHigher Education: Curriculum-based course contents at post-graduate and under-graduate level covering diverse disciplines such as arts, science, commerce, performing arts, social sciences and humanities, engineering, technology, law, medicine, agriculture, etc. All courses would be certification-ready in their detailed offering through SWAYAM, the platform being developed for offering MOOCs courses.
- dthSchool education (9-12 levels): modules for teacher’s training as well as teaching and learning aids for children of India to help them understand the subjects better and also help them in preparing for competitive examinations for admissions to professional degree programmes.
- dthCurriculum-based courses that can meet the needs of life-long learners of Indian citizens in India and abroad.
- dthAssist students (class 11th & 12th) prepare for competitive exams.
For more details, kindly visit : : https://www.swayamprabha.