Term of reference:
To cater to the needs and grievances of women in the institution and to sensitize the women students & staff of the institution about their individual growth like nutrition, health, hygiene and sanitation.
- To prevent gender discrimination and sexual harassment as provided in the Indian Constitution including promoting gender equality amongst all the stakeholders.
- To educate and support women to avail the facilities provided under various state schemes through organization of awareness programmes, expert talks and visits.
- To organize friendly and expertise sessions for identifying the problems, to adopt the line of action, to analyze its effects and to provide follow up service.
- To deal with cases of sexual harassment and other complaints of women in a time bound manner and ensure appropriate action is taken against the offender.
- The institution will organize talks on the health and hygiene for the women by inviting experts from various fields including medical doctors.
- The talks and awareness programmes will be conducted through the support of National Commission for Women, local Volunteer Societies and Working Women on issues related to the legal right, cases of harassment etc.
- It will work to educate the women on various schemes available since birth of girl child (Beti Bachao), education (Beti Padhao), family (Sukanya Yojana), facilities at work place, equal wages for equal work, reservation in service/ local bodies election etc.
Process of Dealing with Complaint:
- The Names of the Cell Members and their contact details will be notified at the beginning of the session. The complaint can be sent by e-mail, dropped in complaint box or any other method, even with/without name of complainant.
- Any complaint so received will be investigated confidentially including taking the statement from the victim and also the person(s) against whom the complaint has been lodged.
- The findings of the Cell will be analyzed and appropriate action will be taken at the institution level with option to lodge the police complaint will be open to the victim with the support of the Institution.