Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India is consistently taking major steps to conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities in time bound fashion across Indian Academic Institutions. On MHRD’s Innovation Cell Foundation Day i.e. 11th September 2019, Geetanjali Institute of Technical studies has also become a part of creating innovative ecosystem in the country and received IIC Constitution certificate by Hon’ble Minister of HRD. By the establishment of Institution Innovation cell (IIC) at GITS, a better cognitive ability solving environment will be created among students.
The GITS- IIC will be focused on:
- Identifying and rewarding innovations and sharing of success stories.
- Organizing periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals to create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- To highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organizing idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
GITS-Innovation and Incubation Centre
Geetanjali Institute of Technical Studies, Udaipur has setup an Innovation and Incubation Centre with the overarching purpose of promoting a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship within the students and faculty members. The Centre would support and encourage start-ups in any specific subjects/sectors like manufacturing, transport, energy, health, education, agriculture, water and sanitation etc. and provide necessary infrastructure facilities along with other value added services under the expert guidance.
Features of the scheme and Procedure:
- Students/faculty of Geetanjali Institute of Technical Studies can become incubator as an individual or a group of individuals (hereinafter referred to as “Applicant”) to avail the facilities of Innovation and Incubation centre. Group of individuals may be from same or interdisciplinary fields.
- All applications will be invited through the off line mode by submitting hard copy of application to the centre FORM-A. However, all communications related to the scheme including announcements of shortlisted applicants and final selection of applicants shall be published time to time on the college website https://www.gits.ac.in. and on the notice board of the centre.
- Cell has put in place a dedicated internal screening committee and executive members with desired domain and management expertise for the assessment and successful operations of Inventions/projects. Evaluation of Applicant/s will be done through FORM-B and FORM-C.
- After approval of executive members on the innovative idea, following facilities will be offered to applicants (hereinafter referred to as “Team”) through Innovation and Incubation Centre:
Office space, Computers, Printer, Internet Connection, Standard furniture as decided by executive members, Library, Meeting area with projection equipment, Faculty mentor (for help and support)
- Team will be permitted to be a part of the incubation Centre for a period of one year. Maximum two extensions may be granted for 6 months each at a time at the sole discretion of the Institute.