Main Objectives of OBC Cell:
1. To educate, enlighten and empower the students and staff of OBC categories in the institute to make use of the facilities extended by the Govt. and other agencies for their educational & occupational career.
2. To collect data regarding the implementation of the policies in respect of admissions, appointments to teaching and non-teaching positions in the institute and analyze the data showing the trends and changes towards fulfilling the required quota.
3. To organize the Continuing Education Programmes (CEPs) for students, researches, teachers and non-teaching staff of the institute to update their knowledge and skills.
Functions of the OBC Cell:
1. To circulate the orders and other circulars issued by the University/ Government of India and UGC (University Grant Commission) and to collect regularly, on an annual basis, information regarding course-wise admission of candidates belonging to the Other Backward Classes in the University and colleges for different courses in prescribed form within the stipulated date, and to take follow-up of works, where ever required.
2. To circulate the orders and other circulars issued by Government of India and University Grants Commission’s decisions in respect of appointment and promotion for teaching and non-teaching posts in the University in suitable forms by a stipulated date and take follow up action where ever required.
3. To co-ordinate through university with Govt. (State & Central), UGC and such other organizations to get Scholarship/freeship/other financial benefits for OBC & minority students.
4. To deal with representations received from Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Minorities Candidates regarding their admission, Scholarships, Recruitment, Promotion and other similar matters in the Institute/University
5. To function as a Grievances Redress Cell for the grievances of OBC students and staff including Minorities students and employees of the University and render them necessary help in solving their academic, research as well as administrative problems.
6. To maintain a database of candidates belonging to OBC and Minorities in the institute to facilitate in placement service.
7. Any other works assigned by the affiliating University from time to promote higher education among OBC students and staff.
8. The OBC Cell will exclusively look after the work related to the OBC and Minorities, No other work will be assigned to it.