|1||Name of the Organization||Geetanjali Institute of Technical Studies|
|2||Postal address of the Organization||
NH-76, Airport Road, Dabok, Udaipur
|5||Phone Number||0294- 2657800-05|
Brief History and background of the institute establishment:
Geetanjali Institute of Technical Studies, popularly known as GITS was established by Geetanjali Education Society in the year 2002-03. The institute is recognized by AICTE and Govt of Rajasthan and is affiliated to Rajasthan Technical University, Kota to provide technical and professional education to the youth in general and the tribal people of the region in particular. A team of highly qualified and committed professionals is devoted for grooming of students and make them better equipped professionals and who become our brand ambassadors, as we believe in practice and not mere words and the fact is reiterated by our ever-improving results both in academics and extracurricular activities.
|8||Approved & Affiliated||Rajasthan Technical University, Kota(Raj.)|
|9||The Secretary||Shri Narayan Prasad Agarwal|
|10||The Principal||Dr. Vikas Misra|
|11||The Dean Academic||Dr. Sudhakar Jindal|
|12||Head of Departments|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Dr. Mayank Patel|
|Civil Engineering||Dr. Manish Varma|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.||Dr. Rajeev Mathur|
|Electrical Engineering||Mr. Prakash Sundaram|
|Mechanical Engineering||Dr. Deepak Paliwal|
|First Year||Dr. Vishal Jain|
|MBA||Dr. Harshita Shrimali|
|MCA||Mr. Hemant Sahu|
- Vision Mission and Objectives of the organization:
- To achieve excellence in technical and management education through quality teaching and innovation.
- To provide an excellent learning environment to produce socially responsible and productive technical professionals.
- To set up the state-of-the-art facilities for quality education and innovation.
- To impart knowledge & skills leading to shaping a budding manager as a quality executive.
- To encourage for life-long learning and team-based problem solving through learning environment.
- To create and sustain a community of learning in which students acquire knowledge and learn to apply it professionally with due consideration for ethical, ecological and economic issues.
- To pursue research and disseminate research findings.
- To provide knowledge-based technological services to satisfy the needs of society and the industry.
- To help in building national capabilities in science, technology, humanities, management, education and research.
- To become a globally recognized institute of excellence in the field.
- To produce engineers of highest caliber who will become trend-setters in the professional world.
- To develop synergy with other institutions.
- Make research and innovation an integral part of all learning transactions.
- Imbue faculty and students at GITS with attitudes, values and skills, essential for leadership roles.
- To build new paradigms in excellence in higher education and set up new benchmarks in student development and preparation for life.
- Road Map of Institute location: – www.gits.ac.in
- Working hours of the office: –
- For office: 09:00 pm to 05:00 pm
- Lunch Time – 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm
The College is closed on Sundays and holidays. The Parent-Teacher meeting are held on last working day of every month.
Visiting hours for Public: 10:00 am to 04:00 pm of every working day.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE OFFICERS OF THE INSTITUTE
Responsibilities of the Head of the Department/ Principal/Director
The Head of the Department/Principal as an administrative and academic Head of the
College and shall be responsible for:
- Academic growth of the Department/College. (Participation in the teaching work, Research and training programs)
- Assisting in planning and implementation of academic programs such as orientation courses, seminars, in service and other training programs organized by the Institute for academic competence of the faculty members.
- Assessing reports of teachers.
- Any other work relating to the Department/Institute as may be assigned to him/her by the Competent Authority from time to time.
- Admissions of students and maintaining discipline.
Duties and responsibilities of Training and Placement Officers
- Shall conduct Entrepreneurship Programs, Awareness Camps and programs for personality development for students.
- Shall perform manpower survey for new need based diversified courses
- Shall counsel students for education/job opportunities
- Shall arrange campus interviews.
- Shall promote Industry Institute Interaction for internships sponsored projects, placement etc.
- Coordinating the development of and implementing the college’s vision and goals statement.
Duties and responsibilities of Dean Academics
- Coordinating the development of and implementing the academic deliveries as per policy of the affiliating university.
- Provide information to the university and other agencies related to the academics.
- Planning and conduct of curricular activities.
- To provide overall leadership, direction, advocacy, communication, coordination, and assessment of the academic unit as a whole, and of the sub-units (departments and/or programs) within it.
- Leading and coordinating college strategic planning and curriculum development.
Duties and responsibilities of Faculty Members
- The Faculty of any Department shall be responsible for:
- Development of teaching material, lecture delivery, planning of lessons, setting up laboratories and experiment, unscheduled teaching activities such student counselling, setting and grading test papers, arranging and conducting tests, conduct of Local/Board examinations, implementation of project for students, setting and evaluation.
- Curriculum Development for providing knowledge beyond syllabus for imparting education of ever-expanding demand of knowledge as required in marketing of the students.
- Conduct academic activities and act as an adviser/manager for literary activities, games, students & alumni related activities.
- Involvement in professional and technical societies including organization of continuing education activities both as on organizer instructor and as a participant
- To promote good health, giving students a new way to make them fit and learn their lessons at the same time.
Duties and responsibilities of Sports In-charge/Physical Director
- He/she shall organize sports & games events for the students including practice & coaching round the year.
- Organisation of physical fitness camps including Yoga for the students and neighbours.
Duties and responsibilities of statutory committees of Institute and RTI Statuary Committee
- Committee in-charge will be responsible for the following:
- They will form duty chart & carry out regular checks for any issue in their areas.
- They will carry-out surprise checks in probable areas of issue received.
- Each squad in charge will make detailed duty plan in respect of his squad and forward a list of the same to the control room.
- In case of inadequacy of the member detailed in their respective teams, may float additional requirements to the in charge of the committee.
- The information under RTI will be provided by the First Officer (respective HoDs) to the stakeholders. The first & second appellant authorities will be Principal/Director & Secretary GITS respectively.
Duties and responsibilities of Librarian and Library staff
- Acquire books and other library related materials, check books in and out of the library and assemble and arrange display materials.
- Review and evaluate resource material, such as book reviews and catalogues.
- Direct and train library staff in duties such as receiving, shelving, researching, cataloguing, and equipment use.
- Organize collections of books, publications, documents, audio-visual aids, and other reference materials for convenient access.
- Develop library policies and procedures.