Dr. Rajeev MathurProfessor & Dean SA, HOD
Dr. Anurag PaliwalAssociate Professor
Mr. Latif KhanAssistant Professor & Asst. Registrar
Mrs. Meena KushwahaAssistant Professor
Mr. Mohammad SabirAssistant Professor
Mr. Sourabh PorwalAssistant Professor
Mr. Rahul MoudAssistant Professor
1. IoT BASED WATER QUALITY MONITORING SYSTEM
- Water is crucial for life; therefore, water pollution continues to be an issue of concern globally. Rising industrialization and urbanization have resulted in depletion and contamination of water. Increasing levels of water pollution harm the environment and food supplies.
- The water quality monitoring system was designed with the objective to estimate the water parameters like pH, turbidity, conductivity etc., as the variations in the values of these parameters indicate the presence of pollutants.
- The system maintains checks, controls and communicates alerts so that intervention and implementation of corrective measures can be triggered.
- An innovative, real-time monitoring device designed to measure the quality of water based on various parameters like pH, temperatures, turbidity, conductivity etc.
- Less cumbersome and efficient way of on-site testing.
- Readings and historical records of water-quality parameters can be accessed remotely on screen-based devices.
2. SEWERAGE LEAKAGE DETECTION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- It is need of the hour for India, both the government and public, to address the challenges of urban water and sanitation by studying the impact on public health and environment, and eventually improve access to water and sanitation for its growing population. The largest environmental concern, posed by the current urban water and sanitation systems in India, is pollution of water bodies. Underground sewage pipe systems deteriorate over time resulting in leakage and contamination of the surrounding ground and surface water.
- Limitations of the existing technologies on factors like size, material and depth of pipes, need for manual intervention, and dependency on weather, surface conditions and effect of water pressure triggered the conceptualisation and design for this project.
- This project resulted in development of an automated, low-cost sewerage leakage-detection system that uses a wireless sensor network created along the distribution pipes based on Water-Sense Cable that enables early leakage detection. Subsequent collection and transmission of information is processed through Arduino controller and IoT on a real-time basis.
- With minor modifications, calibrations and verifications with local field data, the modelling framework can be applicable and beneficial to the sewage leakage monitoring and sewage pipe rehabilitation for urban bodies and public at large.
3. AUTOMATIC DAM GATE CONTROLLING AND IRRIGATION SYSTEM
- The history, culture, current and future socioeconomic status and environmental sustainability of India and its people are intricately linked to the water resources: its rivers. Reservoirs and dams are the main sources of perennial water supply for industries, livestock, irrigation etc. that control the natural character of water flows. It is therefore critical to ensure judicious use of this water and prevent any natural or anthropogenic threats.
- This project proposes a novel idea of collecting and sharing real-time information about water levels to an authorized central command centre through far field communication using sensors and PLC. This centralized and automated system helps operate and control water levels and flows as well as alert authorities in situations like cloudbursts or floods.
- This project can lay a foundation to developing a more efficient and robust pre-emptive control system that responds to weather forecasts using GPS coordinates of dams all over the country.
4. RAILWAY CROSSING GATE CONTROL SYSTEM
- The incidence of accidents on railway crossings due to human error inspired our team to devise an Automated Railway Crossing Gate Control System. The primary purpose was to provide safety to the road users by reducing accidents at railway crossings and secondly to reduce waiting time at each crossing, thereby better traffic management by elimination the build-up of traffic jams.
- This automatic and highly economical microcontroller system can be employed at unmanned level crossings where the chances of accidents are higher. The sensors placed near the gates at a stipulated yet safe distance, detects arrival and departure of trains and the controller closes/ opens the gates automatically.
- We intend to share this technology with the railway authorities and improvise the device so that it can be adopted on a large scale.
5. IoT BASED FARMBOT
- Agriculture, the mainstay of India’s economy, is facing challenges from climate change, population growth, urbanization and food insecurity. Technologies such as IoT and automation can support farmers by efficient use of seeds, fertilizers, and fuel and ensure sustainability of the agriculture sector.
- The FarmBot was designed to facilitate farmers by assessing and monitoring the environmental conditions like temperature, air humidity, soil moisture level, smoke level etc. and plotting the sensor data as graphical statistics that can be shared via internet. Data generated by sensors such as soil moisture can be used for automatic irrigation using sprinklers and water pumps.
- This technology is expected to immensely help farmers and government authorities through improved decision-making with regards to sowing, weeding, irrigation requirements, harvesting etc. and establish ideal conditions for crop health while detecting any potential threat of pests or disease.
6. SPEECH RECOGNITION BASED DEVICE CONTROL
- This research based project was undertaken to explore the potentialities of Speech recognition and design a special system for enabling physically challenged people to control home appliances by using voice-based commands and applications.
- Remote operation is achieved through GUI (Graphical User Interface) supported on any Android OS smart-phone or Tablet. The voice commands are transmitted as digital bits using an Android application and the appliances are driven from the relay board through current driver interfaced with the microcontroller (8051 series used). A Bluetooth device was interfaced with the control unit for sensing signals transmitted by the Android application. Furthermore, the project can also add a feature of controlling the loads using touch screen operation.
7. IoT BASED ELECTRONIC NOTICE BOARD
- The real-time Digital Notice Boards is a research experiment to communicate with a large number of individuals in colleges, railway stations, share-market etc. using internet. It’s an economical and advanced solution that allows the user to display the message (text or image) from anywhere just by sending content to be displayed on a LED screen via internet.
- The proposed system will replace microcontroller based systems with Raspberry Pi which will drastically improve performance and power- efficiency.
Our students have successfully been recruited in the following organisations:
- Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS)
- Cognizant Technology Solutions India
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- Secure Meter
- Mphasis an H.P. company
- Broadcom Inc
- VFS Global Pvt Ltd
- Amazon Ltd
- Vedanta Group
- Birla Cement
- Just dial
- Pacific Industries Ltd
- Cognus Technology
- I.EVO Udaipur
- Bank of Baroda
- Lloyd BANK Group U.K.
- Bajaj Electricals
- Khetan Group
- J.K. Cement
- E- Connect
- Pyrotech Electronics Pvt Ltd
- Indian Iris
- Central Bank of India