EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- NATIONAL WORKSHOP: Conducted on “Quadcopter – Design & Assembling” on 16-18th March 2017 in collaboration with Experts Innovation Chennai.
- INDUSTRIAL VISIT: organised for III year students to RAPP/KTPS, KOTA & ACC Cement Plant, Kota on 6 March, 2017.
- EXTERNAL INTERACTION: B.Tech. III Year Students visited to IIT Jodhpur 24-25 Jan, 2017 to take part in Arduino Workshop where 3 students got spot offer to undergo paid internship under their company.
- CONNEXION 2016: A Technical Fest Three day national level tech fest Connexion 2k16′ was organized by Electronics & Communication Department. Events consisting of 3 technical and 5 non technical events such as i.e. circuitrix, blind coding ,technical quiz etc were organized.
- INDUSTRIAL VISITS: IV year students visited to Solar Velspan Plant, Neemuch, M.P. in 2016.
- IN HOUSE SUMMER TRAINING: Organized on PLC & SCADA for III Year and IV Year Students.
- EXPERT LECTURE: Conducted by RTU Experts Dr. Girish Parmar & Dr. R.S. Meena on Antenna and RVSP conducted on 12 June, 2016.
- NATIONAL WORKSHOP: Organized on “Drone – UAV” on 9-10th October 2015 in collaboration with Experts Innovation Chennai.
- NATIONAL WORKSHOP: Organized on Microwave Applications, Antenna Design and Measurements” on 9-10th October 2015.
- TECHNICAL TRAINING: conducted for 21 days on Embedded System Design using Arduino in collaboration Advance Technologies, Chandigarh in January 2014.
EXPERT VISITED FOR TALKS
- Anand Bulusu, Prof. Department of Electronics, IIT, Roorkee
- Dr R K Malviya, Retd Head Antenna Div , SAC-ISRO Ahemdabad.
- S C Bawa, SAC ISRO , Ahemdabad.
- Pragya Jain, I.I.T Delhi.
- Shiekh Abdullah, Sr. Engineer, Cranes Software, Banglore.
- R.N Mathur GM, BSNL, Udaipur
- Dharm Singh, CTAE, Udaipur
- Sunil Joshi , Professor, CTAE, Udaipur
- Navneet Agarwal, Professor, CTAE, Udaipur
- Arvind Dixit, Advance Technology, Chandigarh.
- S C Dutta Roy, IIT Delhi
- Berry Perlman, President IEEE-MTT Society
- Madhur S Gupta, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Vijay Nair, chairman, Inter-society committee, IEEE
- (Prof.) Shiban K. Kaul, Professor C.A.R.E & I.I.T. Delhi
- Anjanan Basu, Associate Professor
- Mahesh p Bhandarkar, Asstt Prof. I.I.T. , C.A.R.E, Delhi
- S Raghavan, Professor, NIT, Trichy.
- Pramod Sharma, IPR Ahmedabad.
- Gorang Bose, I.I.T. Delhi.
- Allen Kaltz, USA
- R.S. Meena, Prof. RTU, Kota
- Mithilesh Kumar, Professor, RTU, Kota.
- Girish Parmar, Prof. RTU, Kota.
- Madhur Dev Upadhyay, IIT CARE, Delhi.
- R S Shekhawat, Secure Meter, Udaipur.
- Samir El Gazaly, Arkansos
- Prof Bharathi Bhatt, CARE IIT Delhi,
- Students of GITS won an eZ430 based highly integrated, wearable wireless development system in the form of sports watch worth US $59 by Texas Instruments in “Texas Analog-Maker Contest 2014” on 1 October, 2014.
- A project worth Rs 4.25 Lakhs is sponsored by Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIO), Chandigarh under Technopreneur Promotion Programme (TePP), Udaipur to Electronics and Communications Engineering students in 2014.
- In 2012 & 2013, Two projects of ECE student was selected in National level Analog Design Contest of Texas Instruments, Bangalore, wherein majority selected projects are from the IITs, NITs.
- Prize of US $500 (Rs. 25,000/-), was awarded to Students in TI Analog Design Contest 2011 from Texas Instrumentation, Bangalore.
This Lab is for the students who carryout mini and major hardware projects. This lab contains many exclusive instruments arranged through IISC Bangalore like Vector Network Analyzer of 6 GHz-Make Enrutsu, 2GHz Spectrum Analyzer, 60 MHz Digital Storage Oscilloscope, PLC Trainer Kits, etc.
Highly sophisticated lab is made available for students and faculty to carryout academic and research works. This lab is also a platform for students and faculty to develop their software skills. Laboratory is very well equipped with soft computing tools: COMSOL, Intellisuit, MultiSIM simulation software, Tinapro simulation software Modelsim- Verilog HDL & VHDL, Xilinx- 8.2, MATLAB, Code Composure Studio, PCCAD, Turbo C++, Circuit Maker software, SPJ System SC-51 C Compiler, etc.
The Lab facilitates learning of Analog and Digital communication experiments with State of art AM, FM, PM Transmitter and receivers; PCM, DM, ADM Modulators and demodulators; ASK, FSK, PSK, QPSK transmitter, receivers etc.
Microwave Communication Lab
The Laboratory is well equipped with Equipments /Instruments: Klystron, Gunn Oscillator, Microwave Bench, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.
To understand the basics of wireless communications, students are trained on Satellite Communication trainer Kit, Antenna Trainer bench, CDMA-DSSS Trainer, LAN Trainer, Horn, Helix and slot antenna, GPS receivers, etc.
Fiber Optics Lab
Fiber Optics Lab has most advanced fiber optic trainer kits mounted on vibration free tables. UG and PG student’s carryout experiments on Optical source characteristics, Fiber attenuation, Dispersion parameters etc. The Lab is equipped with Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier and EDF Ring Laser.
Microprocessor & Microcontroller Lab
The Lab is equipped with microprocessors boards of 8085, 8086 etc. along with microcontrollers like 8051, ARM and software tools such as MASM / TASM.
Analog Electronics Lab
This lab is basic electronics lab which is made available to the students to do experiments on Analog devices and Circuits like Diodes, Transistor based rectifiers, Voltage regulator Amplifiers, Oscillators etc.
Digital Electronics Lab
Students learn the basic intricacies of digital ICs in this lab.
Industrial Electronics Lab
This lab is equipped well equipped with all experiments of power electronics.
VLSI / Embedded System Design Lab
This Lab is contains the latest VLSI design, testing and simulation software. The lab is equipped with tools such as MYCAD ASIC Designing Tool Software, FPGA Advantage Software, XiLinx, MultiSim and Educational Software Spice.
Compilers and Simulators for 8-bit, 16-bit Microcontrollers, Arduino and many open source software are available in this lab to do innovative experiments in the lab.
Texas Instruments Innovation Centre Lab
This lab is exclusive lab set up in collaboration with Texas Instruments, Bangalore. It contains 12 ASLV kits, 12 Launch Pads and MSP430F4618 kits family where students can experiments using MSP430 microcontroller. All are made available by TI free of cost.